Call for Papers
IMPORTANT: ICBC 2024 uses a DOUBLE-BLIND review process with a REBUTTAL period, please check the details below.
ICBC 2024 will be the 6th edition of the IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society. ICBC 2024 is seeking submissions of technical papers (both full and short), posters and tutorial proposals in the areas related to Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies, including but not limited to:
- Distributed Consensus & Fault Tolerance Algorithms
- Blockchain Platforms & Offchain Technologies
- Distributed Database Technologies for Blockchain
- Storage Solutions and Data Availability Verification
- Blockchain Interoperability & Cross-chain Mechanisms
- Performance, Scalability & Sustainability Issues
- Transaction and Network Monitoring, Measurement, and Analysis
- Simulation Tools
- Blockchain-based Applications & Services
- Decentralised App Development
- Smart Contracts and Verification
- Security, Privacy, Forensics
- Token Economy
- Regulations & Policies in Cryptocurrency
- Novel Mechanisms for the Creation, Custody, and Exchange of Cryptoassets
- Anonymity and Criminal Activities of Cryptocurrency
- Managing the Risks of Cryptocurrency
- Distributed Trust
- Decentralised Internet Infrastructure
- Decentralised Financial Services
- Blockchain for Internet of Things/Cyber Physical Services
- Blockchain and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain for Metaverse & Digital Twins
For papers incurring ethical issues, e.g. those involving human participants, personal data, or security/privacy attacks, the Programme Committee expects the ethical considerations to be discussed in the paper and any required ethical approval from an institutional ethical committee to have been in place before submission.
Authors are invited to submit original papers, written in English, that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Technical papers must be formatted using the IEEE 2-column format and not exceeding 8 pages for full papers, 4 pages for short papers, 2 pages for poster papers, or 16 pages for systemisation of knowledge (SoK) papers (all excluding references). The paper submission templates are available on IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings. All papers must be submitted through EDAS via the URL (to be released). Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed using a double-blind review process with a rebuttal period. The paper should be anonymised, such that all identifying information (either explicit or implied – for example, names, affiliations, acknowledge and funding sources) should be removed from the initial submission. The detailed schedule of the procedure is as follows.
Authors of the best accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to a fast-tracked, special issue of IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
Paper/Poster Submission Deadline: 3 Dec 2023
Reviews Released to Authors: 5 Feb 2024
Rebuttals Due: 12 Feb 2024
Acceptance Notification: 1 Mar 2024
Camera Ready: 15 Mar 2024
Demo Submission Deadline: 5 Feb 2024
Demo Acceptance Notification: 1 Mar 2024
Tutorial Submission Deadline: 5 Feb 2024
Tutorial Acceptance Notification: 1 Mar 2024